Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Putting H16 hulls back on?  Bottom

• I took off one of my H16 hulls for repair. I wish I did not. It was a pain getting it off. Now I'm trying to put it back on and the holes to studs are off a bit. I loosend the trampoline and still not matching. I tried upsided down and right side up with no prevail. What I see is about 1/8"-1/4" off short even when I try ,with help, to put the posts on evenly at the same time. Am I missing something or is there a trick out there. Most of my thoughts can damge the hull or tramp frame. I even thought of tieing one side of the frame to a stable source and using another to pull a bit to fit. I'm afraid my back yard mechanic thinking may get me in trouble though.
    Any advice is much appreceiated. I'm putting this H16 back togeter to sell becuase I purchased a cool H18 this site has helped me yet. Thanks.
  • If I'm understanding you correctly, your tramp frame isn't coming down onto the posts far enough? If that's the case, grab a block of wood and a large hammer. Place the wood over the tramp frame and give it a few blows to knock it down into place. Since those hulls came off of that frame, it should work. If it doesn't work, you can resort to drilling out the holes. This is common when replacing hulls b/c they are all drilled slightly differently, and often won't line up without drilling out the holes. Simply get the frame as close as possible to lining up, then grab a 1/2" bit and drill through to line it all up. Insert the bolts, tighten it up, and you'll be good to go.

--
    Tim
    81 Hobie 16
    87 Nacra 5.7
    Austin, TX
    --
  • I finally figured it out. First I loosened the tramp lines. I positioned the H16 upright with the hull below the tramp frame. I lined up as best I could to insert evenly. I was off about 1/8" on the rear post so here is what I did. I took 2 tie downs, wrapped one end around the rear post that was off a bit and the other end just port of the mast step. I slowly tightened the straps and it actually fell into place. So it basically straightened out the frame correctly so the post would insert. Once I was done, after trying many methods, I could not believe how easy it was. Back yard rigging worked for me this time!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.