Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Just booked it  Bottom

• 10" new snow on the ground, but I can't ski--waiting for new glasses. Bored, cabin fever, can't work outdoors. So I look at the LONDON BOAT SHOW on line and no listing for the new WHISPER catamaran. What a drag. But wait!!! They're going to BUILD one at the show in the first 3 days! What a fantastic marketing idea. So I just booked Virgin Galactic for 5 days. Pete
  • Woooooooooooot

--
    1975 P16 "Spring Rain"Sail # 642
    Home Built 2004 Optimist-Delta "Unity"
    So old it has Dino hide for a sail Chrysler "Pirateer"
    Steve
    Oyama BC
    Lat 50.1167 N
    Long 119.3667 W
    1700 ft
    --
  • Quote10" new snow on the ground, but I can't ski--waiting for new glasses.

I'll lend you a pair! icon_lol
    I pulled the boards out last week & went out for a tune up day, get the legs back into it. Beautiful day, but that damned ankle I broke last summer is not yet 100%, I felt it when skiing some bumps. Rainy & miserable the last few days. I prefer the March/April skiing back home in he Rockies.
    We've decided to take all of Jan off & go to Cambodia & Vietnam. Maybe they have Cats in the bay at Hanoi?
    I was just over in Jolly Olde England 10 days ago...bring your umbrella, & Mac, or whatever the hell they call those overcoats that are wind/water/bone chilling dampness proof.
    Not sure what airport you will use, but if you are anywhere in London proper the Tube will get you right to the venue.
    When you leave, make sure your phone/computer are charged, or else pack them in checked baggage, they have been asking to power up devices...no power up-they don't go. They are also pretty anal about liquids/gels, even stuff like yogurt, though I did have disc of blue cheese in my flight bag. It went through, but they wanted to swab my deodorant stick!
    Give yourself LOTS of time, traffic can be awful, we get picked up 2:40 before departure, to get from Regents Park to Heathrow.
    Make an album of this boat, & finally, for anyone who ever owned a British car, Norton, BSA or Triumph bike.
    Do you know why the English drink warm beer?
    Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks for tips, Ed. In the Innovations section of the show will also be a proposed 1000mph jet car they've built. Main reason for going is to get feedback from European crowd on this boat which I think may be the best of the lot. Sold a tilt trailer to Pete Melvin last month for his new N20C foiler and have invitation to sail it in Long Beach next month. Pete
  • Hell Pete!!! I'll drive out and crew for you on the carbon if you need me to!! I mean, that's what you are doing is lining up crew right? I guess I'm assuming that Pete Melvin is just going to let you take the boat yourself.
    Say the word!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.