Male Mentalpause...bought a Nacra20

Got lots of questions while I catch up from my Cougar days of the 70's. Can anyone tell me who the Nacra manufacturer is and how to contact them?

cheers
Hey! Welcome to the forum! Take some time to fill out your profile as it helps the members to give you good info and advice. Again, Welcome!
Will do...if i can figure out how/
WOW!!! is this your first cat? nacra 20 is a beast. i like your moxi. you will definitely benefit from this website. you can download the owners manual from nacras website or link as it will become your bible. congrads on the purchase, prepare for the longest winter of your life!!!

--
Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
bill harris
hattiesburg, mississippi
prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
--
No kidding coastrat. I thought I was bad going from a H14 to the N6.0...lol. Nacraphiliac, you need to put that name BIG down your pontoons icon_eek

Cool! It will be an awesome beast, and scary the first couple of times out! But worth it in the long run. Probably no singlehanding in your future though! :)

Nacras are made by Performance Catamarans in the US. They just changed thier web address to www.nacra.us.

Read the manuals, ask lots of questions and you will be OK.
D.

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
--
Performance Sports International, Inc.

http://www.nacra.us
Nacra & Prindle catamarans
1306 East Edinger Avenue
Unit F
Santa Ana, CA 92705
United States of America
714-835-6416
Thanks for the vote of confidence...gonna need it! Used to race International 14's, then Cougars...this is gonna be a rush! Bringing her home over the holidays (I hope) and planning the first sail Jan 5, my 55th B'day...

I need to find a trailer, any plans around with recommended dimensions? I've got access to a fabricator.

Seasons Best
It helps if you post where you are located, sailors are very helpful to each other but only if we can find you. If you go to www.catsailor.com and use the search function on the home page you will come up with about 10+ pages of info about the nacra 20. By the way, it is a great boat.
nacraphiliacThanks for the vote of confidence...gonna need it! Used to race International 14's, then Cougars...this is gonna be a rush! Bringing her home over the holidays (I hope) and planning the first sail Jan 5, my 55th B'day...

I need to find a trailer, any plans around with recommended dimensions? I've got access to a fabricator.

Seasons Best

welcome to the club Nacraphiliac.
Thanks, seems like a friendly bunch, no suprise there...typical sailors.
I live on the Wet Coast of Canada, Powell river, B.C. just a bit north of Vancouver.
I'll do that search, there must b e info on building a trailer, not likely to find a used one close to home...

Cheers all, and best of the holiday season,
You can convert just about any small power boat trailer to work. Just add 2 cross members and some rollers or cradles
nacraphiliacThanks, seems like a friendly bunch, no suprise there...typical sailors.
I live on the Wet Coast of Canada, Powell river, B.C. just a bit north of Vancouver.
I'll do that search, there must b e info on building a trailer, not likely to find a used one close to home...

Cheers all, and best of the holiday season,

Try Kijiji, BuySell.com & your local Autotrader. Beachcats don't weigh much, you don't need a very heavy duty trailer, I bet there are some skidoo trailers not far from you, lots of snow & skiing inland in your area. You may need to lengthen the tongue to accommodate the mast.
I am also a Canuck, & so is Wolfman.
I was out your way in Sept, salmon fishing Alberni Inlet, out to Tofino & Bamfield. That looks like some primo Cat country, though we only came across one sailboat. Comical as hell, looked like a homemade hull, with a Laser main, mongrel jib, & the skipper lying back steering with his toes, at all of 3 knots. Now, I believe he had a valid reason for using his toes, as one hand appeared to be holding a cool one, & the other a fistful of BC Bud!
You've got great beaches all the way down to Qualicum & Parksville, & you will probably be the only cat sailor on them.

My bad, I confused Powell River with Campbell River...you still have a kick ass place to sail! You should be able to find something like this & easily modify it.

http://nanaimo.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-cargo-utility-trailers-Utility-trailer-wont-last-long-W0QQAdIdZ171313117

edited by: Edchris177, Dec 22, 2009 - 04:19 PM

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
As far as a trailor is concerned, Kijiji Vancouver is good source plus there tends to be of all kinds of stuff sailing related. Lots of stores and used stuff locally out there. Best bet is to get a decent small boat trailor and then go to princess auto to get cross bars and assorted pieces. Make your own carpetted skids for the hulls out of plywood on the cross bars. I will see if I can find a decent picture.

My understanding is that Van itself has a good hobie fleet and I was looking at quite a few boats out there before I got my Nacra. A friend of mine is the sailing coordinator at the Royal Victoria Yacht club, if you are out his way I can hook you up.

D.

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
--
Thanks Dave, I'd appreciate the intro. I'll be in Vancouver over the holidays and can give him a call.

Cheers