forestay

Hello, I have a 1974 Dingo catamaran that I recently lost the forestay for during a transportation. The boat is about 15' long. It is equipped with a roller furler and the jib measures 14' 10 1\2", although I am sure stretched it would be 14' 11". If anyone has about the same measurements from their gear if you would be as kind to measure your forestay so I could have one made up. Or if anyone has one with the swivel on it for the furler for sale. Thank you for your time.
Sorry you didn't find any Dingo experts here. It's been a long while since they were built so there can't be very many still sailing.

If you haven't found it, there are photos of Dingo cats rigged here.
http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures?g2_itemId=64759

Maybe the pics will help.

I would suggest that maybe you could make a temporary forestay out of low stretch rope, tie it where the forestay would go and adjust till it is right and then measure the rope.

A few inches short is better than a few inches long if you have to choose, because you can always add a multi-hold stay adjuster at the end to increase length, hard to make it shorter.

Good luck,

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
And if you get it figured out be sure to post back here to help the next Dingo owner.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
Use a good 3/8" rope for your forestay & get the mast rake where you want it, then flip the boat on the lawn and measure the length. Pete