Foiling Cat for four crew that can be single handed?

Hi folks,
I am trying to do all things with one vessel. I would like a foiling cat my wife and I can do weekend trips out on. We are a bit adventurous so sleeping on the trampoline will be fine. I would like to be able to have a couple friends fit on the boat to cruise Biscayne bay with us occasionally,

I have been looking at the 20' class and they seem to be okay, but still may not be large enough if we want to go out a mile or two with four of us on there.

It would be incredible to do some competitions single handed with the boat as well, but the 20' class seems a bit limited in the US and catamarans seem even more rare here.

What advice do you all have?

Thank you in advance for your input,
-Sean
Have you checked out this guy? He lives close to you.

https://forums.sailingana…a-15-fcs-for-fun.217954/
Reposting logged in - looks like a bug that the forum is letting me post without logging in.

Hi Sean! I'm in Miami. DM to connect if you want. Own a few foiling cats.

In summary
- foiling cats for 1 and only 1 - maybe a very skinny companion - a-cats
- foiling cats for 1 that can take a +1 exist - iFly, StuntS9
- foiling cats for 2 that can be solo'd exist – Whisper, Nacra 15
- foiling cats for 2 that might take 3, even 4 exist, but you can't solo them

I know a few boats that are on the market, and might fit your goals.

Miami is a great spot for foiling. And we have some regattas that are a dream to do on a foiler – ie Miami Key Largo.

Edited by martin_langhoff on Dec 19, 2023 - 01:29 PM.
Thank you Jack and Martin. PM sent.

Also to clerify further, my wife and I combined are 420 lbs. Our weight is getting better, but we will never be under 360 lbs. How big of a deal is it if we are 40-50 lbs over the weight limit on some of these vessels?
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Ernst - Michael Miller, the Engineer at iFLY. What an incredible guy! I have a new found appreciation for the iFLY 15 and foil design in general.

I believe that will be the next vessel for us. I am hoping someone will come up with a larger vessel, that can foil with four people and still have the ability to single hand with relative ease, in the near future.
jack108136Have you checked out this guy? He lives close to you.

https://forums.sailingana…a-15-fcs-for-fun.217954/geometry dash

Thank you I will check them out