Mystere Catamaran - Help with rudder

hello I am the new owner of a mystery catamaran 5.0xl. The rudder system does not work well, I don't know what the problem with and was wondering if someone could help me understand how it work, perhaps with the picture of the different parts of the rudder. Long shot but thought I would try :)
Well, post some pictures. And where are you?

--
Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
1983 SuperCat 19
TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
Mystere 17
Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
--
Sorry trying to post the pics - Jonathan: thanks for your response! are these all your boats? what happened to the tornado?

Edited by mapletaste on Jun 11, 2024 - 06:49 PM.
Pics: I can never get them to post here either, and people tell me I'm smart. If necessary, put them up on some image posting server (like imagebam) and post the links here.

Tornado + H18: Best told over a beer.

And you didn't indicate your location. Potentially handy for getting together with others here to sort out problems - and sail once that part's done.
mapletasteSorry trying to post the pics - Jonathan: thanks for your response! are these all your boats? what happened to the tornado?Edited by mapletaste on Jun 11, 2024 - 06:49 PM.

The rudders on that boat should be fine. There are a few nylon bits that wear/break over time.
It’s pretty easy to add photos. The best is to make an album, upload your photos there. Then you use the “image” button…see it, just below where you type, to the right of “ OPTIONS”.
Start out by going to the very top of the page, top right corner. Select Site FAQ++ for how to do it.
NOTE: if you use an iPad, not sure about Mac laptops, I find that when you paste inside the brackets, it adds a space, just inside the 1st bracket. Delete that space, or it won’t work.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jun 12, 2024 - 09:16 AM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--