Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sol Cat Parts  Bottom

• Hi, I just bought a 18' sol-cat and would like to find out where I can find parts for it. I live in northern Virginia and have had 3 16' Hobie's in the past. I've never had trouble getting part for the Hobie's but find it hard to find parts for the Sol Cat. What I'm really in need of is some Mast step bearings. If anyone knows where I can find them I'd be great full.
  • There is a guy on eBay that is producing them. You may need to search for ended auctions. There was also a guy that was advertising the assmebly on this site's classifieds, but he was sold the wrong thing. You may want to contact him and get a picture to compare.

Honestly, though, the bearing is just a big plastic washer. You can cut them out of milk jugs or--better yet, go to Bed Bath & Beyond and get some roll-up cutting boards and cut them out yourself. You should be able to get a bunch out of each board!

Solcat 18s are fast, but parts are scarce.
  • I made my own after I saw the one on E-Bay out of the side wall of a plastic detergent bottle, it was a fairly thick plastic bottle and and has lasted several years. If you can't find a thick piece of plastic make two and double it up. The price is wright!

FREE

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • Anyone know if I can use mast ball from hobbie for Solcat 18? Having difficult time locating one...
  • I use to cut bottom of 1 gal jag to make a bearing. It worked preatty well and lasted for entire season.

mcgAnyone know if I can use mast ball from hobbie for Solcat 18? Having difficult time locating one...

I don't think so. Murrays sales Nacra mast foot, ball and dolfin rod that you can possibly use.
    If you are looking for parts, i still have extra rudder and dagger boards in decent shape. I also have cross beams. The front cross beam has a mast seat if you need one.

Good luck with the boat, it is a great one. I really loved mine and had very good time sailing her.

--
    Adam Bartos
    Nacra 5.0
    SolCat 18 (sold)
    Lake Zurich, IL
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.