Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 18 daggerboard sleeve  Bottom

• I am in the process of sealing the hulls on my H18 in prep for the trip to Catalina.Does anyone know what the material is in the strong-back on either side of the dagger sleeve\tunnel? seem's to have buckled slightly.
    I am planing on using vacuum to suck the epoxy into the mounting holes for the rear crossbar anybody done this?

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    Acat
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • I'm not sure what you mean by the strong-back ?

Where are you trying to put epoxy? Into the deck lip? Or into the metal beam itself? Why?

Need more clarity before I can advise.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hey Damon, if you reach inside the hull you can feel a strong-back on both sides of the dagger sleeve.
    I am sealing the bolt holes that hold the rear beam on...in the hull\on the lip, they leak.Also going over the whole boat to eliminate leaks.
    Carl

Edited by onekiwi on Nov 04, 2014 - 08:45 AM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    Acat
    --
  • I am also sealing the side stay holes as they leak a little also.Thinking of filling them completely and re-drilling them

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    Acat
    --
  • The sides of the daggerboard trunk (inside the hull) are fiberglass/foam sandwich construction like the rest of the hull. On some years, the foam piece is just a narrow strip and on other years it is almost as wide as the whole trunk. If you cracked/buckled the trunk, you're going to need to reinforce it with fiberglass cloth and resin.

sm

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.