Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Supercat 20 Information SC20  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• QuoteThere is a gentleman who comes up every year for the same race with a Supercat 20 and he sets it up and takes it down solo without too much effort.

Does he have a tilt trailer? If not I can't imagine he does it without much effort, taking the boat from collapsed state to 12 foot beam is a wrestling match.
  • Actually with a properly functioning trailex trailer it can be telescoped fairly easily. It has a cool set of cables and sheeves that you attach to the winch and slide it apart. That said I've put a decent amount of time into mine and I think it is just getting old and worn and it is generally takes a couple bodies to help slide it apart. I just wanted to point out that it can be done easily if you're lucky.

-Eric
  • That's a friend of mine that sets up the 20 solo. He usually sails the Mug Race solo, but I crewed for him a couple years ago. He has solid beams like mine. He leaves one of the old telescoping beams in place and spreads the boat out then mounts one solid beam, then pulls off the telescoping one and puts the other solid one in place. He had the Aquarius gin pole system which actually makes raising and lowering the mast pretty easy. They use the same thing in the RC 27&30. He has it down to a science and can set his 20 up fairly quickly.

i don't a take mine anywhere so I'm really slow setting it up. A friend told me the other day he extended his floating in the water! Said it made it go very smoothly!

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Eric,

You might just need new buttons on your beams. The telescoping beams have delrin 'buttons' on them that help it slide smoothly. Tom still sells them.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • One way to end the assembly nightmare forever is to cut the boat down. Several of us have done this and it is a perfectly fine boat at 9 or 10 feet wide. Mine is 9' and I trailer it flat, yes, it is supposed to be tilted to be 'road legal' however I have never had any issues. At 10 feet you can tilt it exactly like a Tornado, it's also been done to the 12 foot version.

You can see plenty of video of my nine footer at my youtube channel, nutfarmerandy. I have the stock mast and the pintop main. Here's one link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI8R0mecjHs where my wife and I are sailing main only.

You can see video of jib and main on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Telh7OM0M

The SC20 is a great boat and Aquarius is without peer in the support department.

--
    'life is too short to drink cheap beer'
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.

Upcoming Beachcats Events

VIEW FULL CALENDAR

No upcoming events.