Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18-2 line set  Bottom

• Does anyone know the specs for a Prindle 18-2 line set?
    I'm looking at a neglected boat with (supposedly) sound hulls, spars, and sails. I still need to inspect it, but I want to start pricing out what I need...
    Slo Sails and Canvass has a line kit for the 18, but said the 18-2 is different.
    At a minimum, I'd need a main sheet, (standard) jib sheet, halyards, righting line, rudder controls, and trapeze lines

--
    __
    Nacra 5.7
    Prindle 18
    Trac 14
    Crewed on Hobie 16 and 18, Dart 18, and Prindle 16
    --
  • Line set? The 18 won't be that much different from the 18-2 so set the boat up with the 18's lines and go from there. Push the boom out all the way against the shrouds and see if you need more or less mainsheet length. Does the 18-2 have a 6 to 1 mainsheet or an 8 to 1? If it doesn't have an 8 to 1, you'd better think about getting one. Diameter is a personal preference; I have always gone smaller because it is smoother and has less tendency to jam.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • I went with a nacra 5.7 that's complete, so I don't need this anymore :)

--
    __
    Nacra 5.7
    Prindle 18
    Trac 14
    Crewed on Hobie 16 and 18, Dart 18, and Prindle 16
    --
  • By pushing the boom out to its fullest extent against the shrouds, you can determine whether you require a longer or shorter mainsheet length. gorilla tag

Edited by villagetunic on Jun 20, 2024 - 10:10 PM.
  • Anahr822
    Go here for data on the 18-2 - standing cable, running rigging, assembly manual and tuning guides.
    https://www.thebeachcats.…ictures?g2_itemId=123714
    Over 7000 hits.

Edited by klozhald on Jun 20, 2024 - 12:02 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • anahr822Does anyone know the specs for a Prindle 18-2 line set?
    I'm looking at a neglected boat with (supposedly) sound hulls, spars, and sails. I still need to inspect it, but I want to start pricing out what I need...
    Slo Sails and Canvass has a line kit for the 18, but said the 18-2 is different.
    At a minimum, I'd need a main sheet, (standard) jib sheet, halyards, righting line, rudder controls, and trapeze lines

Murray's Marine will have everything you need..

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.

Upcoming Beachcats Events

VIEW FULL CALENDAR

No upcoming events.