Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2024 Tri-Point Ocean Race  Bottom

• Get ready for an exhilarating experience at the Tri-Point Ocean Race, a thrilling event designed for beach cats. The race will take place on August 10th, 2024 in Ventura, CA.

What makes this race one of the most spectacular events ever?

It is set in a true blue-water sailing venue in one of the most picturesque areas of the California coast. The course offers the opportunity to sail alongside dolphins and maybe even spot a whale or two, as well as enjoying the solitude around the back end of Anacapa Island.

In addition to the stunning scenery, August is one of our best wind months, with a consistent ten-knot breeze being a regular feature in the forecast. These ideal wind conditions promise an exciting race, with opportunities for a broad reach and a beam-reach run, an upwind haul (with views of the backside of Anacapa Island), and a thrilling beam-to-broad reach back to Ventura that is sure to put a smile on your face.

We take safety very seriously, and a chase boat will be on hand throughout the race. The race instructions contain a comprehensive list of safety items required for the event. If you need any items, Murray's Marine is a 20-minute drive away, and Beacon and West Marine are just a few miles down the road.

For more information and race entry, please visit the PBYC site: https://pbyc.org/44th-annual-tri-point-ocean-race/.

We hope to see you there!

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I can't wait to participate! This will be my first official race, my first ocean race, and the first time I take my Marstrom Tornado in the Pacific Ocean! I don't mind saying I'm green, even for an old guy. I'm sure this will be a ton of fun, and I hope it will be followed by many more races by me and my Tornado, Texas Two Step!
    Lee Tabor, Big Bear Lake, CA
  • Global gaming communities expose Geometry Dash players to diverse cultures and perspectives, promoting cultural awareness and understanding.
  • Lee, you have a great resource at Big Bear, Pete Begle. He has raced in the multihull division many times and trophied.
    Equip yourself with good vests, trap harnesses, flares, sunscreen, whistles and two waterproof radios if you can.
    A GPS device can help if you can read it sitting on the water. My phone screen is not bright enough.
    When you round the west part of Anacapa, 20 miles from shore, if there is fog you can't see the shore so a compass is great. I use the one on my watch. The red roofs will guide you to the harbor entrance, but you need to be within 8 milles of shore to see them. Head left of the tall red and white smoke stack.
    Good luck!
    I wish I was racing this year!
    Bob
  • Racers are you good with this?
    https://www.thebeachcats.…ictures?g2_itemId=133605

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.