Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Searching for a sporty beachcat  Bottom

• So ive been wanting to buy a catamaran for a long time and now that ive got time i dont really know what is the best for me. I myself sail monohulls and compete in my country's Liga. But i am really exited to learn about catamarans and to sail them! Since I don't really know too much about cats I thought id ask you all. I'm looking for a cat which has no daggerboards, preferably not a raised tramp, but is a lot of fun and goes fast(is sporty)/can handle big winds. I would be sailing it solo quite often maybe sometimes 1 or 2 people would join me. I also love me a double trapez :) But above that all it should be really cheap so up to 2000 is my budget. Also im 16 years old if that makes a difference.

Does anybody have a catamaran in mind or any recommendations?
    Big thanks already!!!

(Also sorry if my English isn't perfect im still learning it haha)
  • David - when you want something fun, for not much $, the question is - where are you, and what second-hand catamarans are being sold in your region?

What kind of monohulls do you sail? And what's your role? Crew? Helm...?
  • martin_langhoffDavid - when you want something fun, for not much $, the question is - where are you, and what second-hand catamarans are being sold in your region?

What kind of monohulls do you sail? And what's your role? Crew? Helm...?

I im in austria. There are mainly hobie 16s being sold but also a hobie 18, Hurricane 59 sx, nacra 570, hobie 14s, and a tornado.
    I sail J70 and i am the Helm. I also sail a rs feva xl with a friend of mine.
  • David,

Are you sailing at Attersee? We tried to get out there when we visited Salzburg a few years back.

That Hurricane 5.9 looks a lot like a Prindle 19... That and the NACRA would be on the top of my list.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • The Nacra 570 meets all your criteria if you can find one within your budget...it is a great boat. I suppose that it's within the realm of possibility to sail any of the listed boats solo. However, those larger than the Hobie 16 are getting on the heavy side with regard to moving them around on a beach by yourself.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.