Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 19 Reference Requests  Bottom

• Hello all, been working away on my P19 for some time, getting it up to speed. I have a lot of questions about the setup and unfortunately can't find a ton of great references online for the specifics, including the manual.

Is there anyone willing to share some photos of various parts of the setup? Specifically, I have some questions about the downhaul rigging and which cleats it employs, the jib furler, centerboard setup - I've seen people use lines that run through the front crossbar cleats and wasn't sure if that's the intended setup.

Will try to get my own reference photos this week so maybe people can give me pointers regarding what's right and wrong with it.
  • Thanks so much!

spammer1Hi Imoas ,

I do not use a furler , nor the lines for the centerboards but I will send you pics of the downhaul setup and other rigging . I should be able to send pic’s tomorrow when I go down to the club.
  • lmoasHello all, been working away on my P19 for some time, getting it up to speed. I have a lot of questions about the setup and unfortunately can't find a ton of great references online for the specifics, including the manual.

Is there anyone willing to share some photos of various parts of the setup? Specifically, I have some questions about the downhaul rigging and which cleats it employs, the jib furler, centerboard setup - I've seen people use lines that run through the front crossbar cleats and wasn't sure if that's the intended setup.

Will try to get my own reference photos this week so maybe people can give me pointers regarding what's right and wrong with it.

Ping me if you need to... I've owned a 19 for 20-ish years and did a number of modifications.
    - downhaul: This is a free for all. There are so many variations that you'll have to just figure it out. For the cleats, there should be a pivoting sheave with a cam cleat that will pivot about 160 degrees. For the purchase, you'll have to keep running through blocks until you run out of blocks. Most will run an 8:1.

- I did race with a furler - loved it.. I also added a bow foil like the N6.0 and N5.5.

- Boards: I have mine where they are bungee loaded down and a line pulls them forward. If I hit something, the board comes up and can be pulled back down automatically by the bungee cord. It does add lines and complications. If you like to fiddle and experiment, build something but keeping it simple is king.

This is one of the great things of these boats... if you want to do something on them, do it. Unless you want to race it in strict one-design class - you can do anything you want to. Even racing, we would have 5 19's racing and every one of them were set up differently - even different sail plans. With the age, I'm sure things have been changed and modified so it's hard to determine what was original.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • Welcome!
    Here is a link (below) to my site here at thebeachcats. Inside is the manual for the Prindle 19 and the 18-2.
    There are other items in the site that pertain to your 19 as well. Feel free to look around. You can download and print specific pages of the manual if you like.
    The downhaul on some of the earlier 19s were one or two sided, having cleats on both sides of the mast with small spring loaded blocks to direct the line toward the crew. Pictures are in the manual. Also, look for the Prindle Class Rules section for tips on modifying and maintenance of the 19.
    https://www.thebeachcats.…ictures?g2_itemId=123714

Edited by klozhald on Sep 04, 2024 - 03:35 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.