Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Transporting Prindle 18 overseas  Bottom

• Hello,

I used to have a Prindle 18 and loved it. I now live on the beach in Northern Nicaragua and want to explore the possibility of buying one in the US and transporting it to Nicaragua by ship.

What I would like to know, has anyone shipped a Prindle or any other beachcat overseas? If so, what is the cost and what is necessary to prepare the boat for shipping?

Also, what do I need to do to disassemble the boat? What kind of tools do I need?
  • Hi,

You live in Nicaraguaa and like catamarans??!! I live in Nicaragua (Matagalpa) and sail a MiniCat 420 on Lake Apanas in Jinotega. I've been looking to upgrade to something like a Hobie or a Prindle, but it seems like pickings are slim in Central America, REALLY SLIM.

I found a guy in San Pedro Sula, Honduras who has a Hobie 16, but he wants at least $4000 for it and then it would have to be imported to Nicaragua. I also priced shipping with King Ocean Service to El Rama, but a container box costs $4500 and only comes from Miami - El Rama.

Keep me posted if you have any breakthroughs or wanna sail the MiniCat at some point. It's fun, but a Hobie or Prindle would certainly be funner (not a word). I mostly go on Apanas, but Ometepe is also epic

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.