Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Righting a SuperCat20  Bottom

• I've had 3 SC20s and have yet to see a single video or hear from someone that has actually righted a 20 using the righting system.
    Would love to hear from anyone regarding this challenging process.
  • Are these the ones that use hyfield levers on the shrouds? I have always wondered how the heck they climbed up to reach the release on one of those.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat & Farrier Tramp
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • Which step in process is causing the issue? Climb up the tramp, pull the pin, open the lever then pull the second pin if needed.

Bill Roberts claimed to right an RC27 solo.
  • I added hyfield levers to my Stiletto 27 after consulting with Tom Haberman @ ARC. I have never had to use the levers solo but for practice I used the main halyard to pull the boat over in shallow water to test the righting process.

You only have to do the upper lever. As mentioned above, pull the pin and activate the lever to release the stay tension on the upper shroud. My boat was well balanced at this point and just a little weight on the end of the centerboard righted her very quickly. I have righted H16s and H18s hundreds of times. Righting a 1200lb 27 foot beach cat using hyfield levers was easier.

I have seen a video of a Dragonfly getting righted using hyfield levers as well as a Gougeon 32. I will try to find them.

Brad in Jax

2x Stiletto 27s (one for sale soon)

Edited by bradinjax on Oct 22, 2024 - 06:00 PM.
  • They are like magic. Righted a Hobie 21 with them. But the extension cable broke. That was my fault for using to thin a wire for the extension. Had a rigger make me some dyneema shroud extensions.

--
    Chuck C
    NACRA 500 Mk2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.